Sunday 14 January 2007

Musical Endevours pt 96

First gig of the new year at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham, a homecoming of sorts, and what a show it was. I suppose I was pretty nervous to begin with as its the first show I've had the pleasure of setting up, but as the Indie Minions began rolling through the doors (despite the rather miserable / unnecessarly aggro bouncer), I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was ace to play with some old friends in the shape of Lo-Ego, Quartershade and We Show Up On Radar, and rattling through a noisy headline set (complete with shambolic encore of "TV", music fans) had never been so much fun. We also made rather a decent amount from the door. Artistic AND monetary gratification, amazing eh? Picture courtesy of my lovely sister. Jeez, how much of an indie fopp do I look like?


Of course, it wasn't all great - rather stupidly I managed to stand on my own glasses midset! "What a fool!" I hear you guffaw. I blame my sweaty hair. I guess it added a further element of excitment, not being able to see what I was doing. Kind of like being in a fluffy dream, but, er, louder. Heres a shot of my currently taped up glasses (fear not though, I have insurance). As you can probably tell I have the shittest camera phone in the history of everything.






3 comments:

Nyago said...

Damn, I've missed every gig for a year now! Glad it went well - a Youtube video would be awesome - maybe next time?

I like how the photo looks almost exactly the same as your homepage photo. I guess that at least, unlike Oakes, you managed to don a different change of clothes. Though.

Nyago said...

Oh, and you shouldn't whinge - I've heard that there are people in Africa who don't even have Polyphonic ringtones yet. Imagine that!

Anonymous said...

Good post.